Attention to all county fire fighters and fire personnel, please get me any pictures and videos that you may want on the Chief’s Banquet Video to me as soon as possible,
Please send them to me at email@example.com.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me or call me at Headquarters at 864-260-4016.
David O. Elgin T-2
The family is at the home and will receive friends from 4 – 8 P.M. Friday at Pruitt Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers the family requests that memorials be made in memory of Austin to Friendship Fire Department, 1938 Abercrombie Road, Honea Path, SC 29654. Online messages of condolence may be left for the family at www.parkerwhitepruitt.com
Funeral services will be held at 2 P.M. Saturday at Mt. Bethel Baptist Church with Rev. Jeremy Colloms and Rev. Archie Sharp officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery.
Austin Trace McMillan, 17, passed away on Monday, September 28, 2015. He was an Eleventh grade student at BHP High School and was a Junior Fireman at Friendship Fire Department. Everyone please remember his family and his fire department family in your thoughts and prayers. Funeral arrangements will be announced at a later time.
From Training Officer Mike Benoir:
State Fire Marshal Offers Fireworks Safety Tips
State Fire Marshal Bert Polk is urging citizens to stay safe if participating in any fireworks activities during the July 4th holiday.
“You cannot take safety for granted when it comes to fireworks,” Polk said. “We want everyone to have fun, but safety precautions must come first.”
For those choosing to use consumer fireworks, the State Fire Marshal suggests these safety tips:
• Observe local laws. If unsure whether it is legal to use fireworks, check with local officials.
• Buy from fireworks retailers permitted through the Fire Marshal’s Office.
• Store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
• Always have an adult present when shooting fireworks.
• Use common sense and always read and follow the directions on each firework.
• Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
• Only use fireworks outdoors, away from homes, dry grass, and trees.
• Light one firework at a time and keep a safe distance.
• Never experiment or attempt to make your own fireworks.
• Never give fireworks to small children.
• Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
• Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
• Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
• Never re-ignite malfunctioning fireworks.
• Put used fireworks in a bucket of water; keep a garden hose on hand.
“There are hundreds of permitted professional fireworks displays available to South Carolinians to enjoy during the Fourth of July holiday,” Polk said. “Residents can consult their local fire officials for displays in their area.”
The Anderson County Fire Department Wishes Everyone a Happy and Safe Holiday!
National Fire Academy Training Weekend!
The Williford Volunteer Fire Department will be having it’s Annual BBQ Sale May 23rd, 2015 From 11:00 to Until.
They will be having:
- BBQ Pork Plates
- Chicken Plates
- Cole Slaw
Dine In or Carry Out Options Are Available*
The BBQ Sale will be hosted at the Williford Volunteer Fire Department at 3738 Highway 187 S, Anderson SC, 29626
Please See the Flier for more information.
50th Anniversary Drop-In Event
Center Rock Fire Department
5125 Dobbins Bridge Road
Anderson SC, 29626
Saturday, May 16th, 2015
From 2 PM – 5 PM
Please Click The Attached Link For More Information